This individual will be working under the guidance of our pastry chef to perform the mixing and forming of all doughs and the preparation of the various ingredients used in our baked goods. A broad knowledge of cooking and excellent time management are essential. Early morning and weekend availability are required. Strong preference will be given to someone with professional kitchen experience.
Pay is DOE. We offer a match IRA after one year, and paid vacation after two.
Interested? Use the form below to contact us!
Our staff is made up of creative, hardworking individuals who are passionate about food, community, and sustainability! Positions we often are hiring for include bread baker, pastry chef, barista, farmers market representative, and retail sales at our Bake Shop and Cafe.
Expected of all employees:
• Be a strong communicator, both spoken and in writing, including texts and emails
• Be physically capable of the job requirements, including heavy lifting and standing for long periods of time
• Have weekend and early morning availability
• Have the ability to work quickly and efficiently, while maintaining an organized work space
• Be collaborative and driven
• Adherence to safe food handling practices
• Full participation in being a sustainable and low impact business
• Ability to lift 50lbs, and be on your feet for 8-10 hours
Reach out! We look forward to meeting you.
To be considered, please include a resume and a brief introduction of yourself